Sunday, September 22, 2013

A New Painting and A Change...

Hello my friends. This post is going to be random and all over the place. First of all...

Are any of you going to Roundtop this week? I am going this Friday. I'm so excited! You better say hi to me if you see me!


Second of all, I just finished a new painting. 


"Moonlit Pumpkin",12" x 12" Oil on Canvas.



I always seem to paint things that I am currently wanting for my own home. It seems to be a good thing because if it doesn't sell I don't mind being stuck with it! I'm going to list it today in my etsy shop.


Lastly...

Facebook "suggested" that I transform my Farmhouse Porch personal page into a business page. So I did, and I can't stand it. And it is irreversible.

So now I can't have a "news feed" and see the status updates of my followers. Furthermore I can't request or deny friends. My business as a blogger,artist and etsy shop owner is uniquely personal. I can understand why Walmart doesn't need to get to know its' followers personally, but I do (and did). I enjoyed it and now one of my favorite things...talking and responding to all of you on facebook, seems to be over. I just don't know what to do about it.


♥Linsey






13 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

oh no- THAT'S AWFUL!

Surely it can be changed back? Can you work with FB customer service?

I don't do and never plan to do FB because with my blog, my online business and my gaming addiction, well, I don't need yet another thing to steal my life away......even if it costs me readers and business, it is a choice that is healthier for my family and for myself.

As for your amazing painting- you know what a huge fan I am of yours. I LOVE this - I love your artworks simplicity, I really do love your paintings, Linsey- keep up the good work.

You won't be "stuck" with this, no way.

Hugs.

Unknown said...

Oh Linsey. I did the same thing and I too hate it. Plus only 40+ people followed me over.....
Secondly unless it's a commissioned piece, almost all of what I paint is something I want or someone in my home showed interest in that way, like you, I can keep it and luv it if it doesn't sell. Hahahaha.
No... not going to RoundTop :-/

Pamela said...

Sorry you do not like it Lins. I have my personal page and it is just for personal reasons. I rarely post anything related to the blog on their cause I doubt my friends want to hear about it all the time. If they want to then they Follow my Blog page which is NOT set up as a business but just a page. I still get a feel for the normal crowd and notice when I am not seeing them for awhile. Give it some time. I know change is hard and I am the queen of 'I HATE Change'! Just ask my hubby. Btw LOVING your pumpkin painting!

Debra@CommonGround said...

I adore your wonderful pumpkin painting, Linsey. Please come link up your Etsy shop tomorrow at The Marketplace. I'd love to feature your painting!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your pumpkin painting is gorgeous, Linsey. Too bad about your facebook page and thanks for the heads up. Hopefully someone knows how to change it.

erin's art and gardens said...

i LOVE the new painting and completely understand painting what you would want in your own home. my paintings always start here at home and i am TRYING to let them "go". ha ha. sorry about your FB problem. happy fall!
erin

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'm so in awe of your paintings, love this one. I'm not a fan of FB and I can understand your fustration!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Love your pumpkin painting! It's beautiful!

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful painting, linsey:) not crazy about fb, but, maybe, you'll save someone else from the same frustration.

lynnmosher said...

Love the pumpkin! So sorry about your FB page. Can you start another personal page? Wouldn't that solve the problem? Sure hope so.

Revi said...

Hi Linsey,
I'm totally in agreement with you. FB business pages are so limited and so different from personal pages! I rarely use mine. Sorry for your loss. I started with a business page. totally separate from my personal page. Never have liked it. I like your pumpkin, though!
=Revi

Anne said...

Sorry about the issues with FB. :-(
But your painting is lovely!
xx
Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...